Dental malpractice occurs when a dentist or dental technician or employee is negligent in his or her patient treatment and care. Negligence describes an action or a failure to do something properly which results in injury to a person. Because dental procedures are complicated and apply to extremely sensitive and painful areas of the mouth, dental malpractice can be devastating to a patient’s physical and mental health.
If you have been harmed due to dental malpractice in San Diego, Legion Counsel can assist. Let us help you find the best qualified attorney to handle your claim. The attorneys we recommend work hard to provide our clients with personal attention and representation they can count on. We understand that dental malpractice can be a painful and emotional experience and that you need all the help you can get.
Dental malpractice may occur due to:
- The failure to diagnose or detect an oral disease or malformation
- Injury to the oral cavity or the surrounding tissue/bone
- Surgical errors or mistakes
- Errors in the administration of anesthesia, leading to injury and possibly the death of a patient
- Improper use of dental equipment (tools, instruments or utensils)
- Unnecessary procedures or exams in an effort to get additional money from a patient’s insurance company